“Physical health is not the goal of human life, but physical health is desired to obtain the goal of human life. The true goal of the soul in a human birth is to please Lord Krsna and to remain a devotee until Lord Krsna is visualized.”
Turmeric is not solely a spice or just meant to bring a beautiful color to food and vegetables. It is also an antioxidant, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-virus, and an anti-parasitic ingredient in the kitchen. The kitchen itself is a health laboratory where preparations are prepared as medication to remove the unhealthy condition of the body and make it strong as well. These remedies also give more benefit to those bodies which are clean inside due to living as a pure vegetarian and intoxicant free.
1) If one teaspoon of black pepper powder (from the Indian store, ground as finely as white flour), a quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder, and one tablespoon of honey mixed together are taken then this helps one obtain relief from excess mucous. This will start taking effect after 3 days.
2) If one tablespoon of chickpea flour, one teaspoon of turmeric powder, one teaspoon of honey, and a little milk are mixed and made into a paste and this paste is smeared on the face and after 20 minutes is rubbed and then washed off, this will help one get relief from dry skin and pimples after a few days. Your face may remain a little yellowish by using this remedy, but if you want to avoid having a yellowish face then one tablespoon of chickpea flour and one tablespoon of sandalwood powder should be mixed together with a little milk and made into a paste and smeared on the face and washed off after 20 minutes daily, this will help remove pimples on the face. It takes a minimum of 3 days of treatment for this remedy to take effect.
3) If one tablespoon of chickpea flour and one teaspoon of turmeric are mixed with a little yogurt until it turns into a paste and this paste is massaged in the armpits it will remove all the stink and bacteria. After 20 minutes it should be washed and massaged with sesame oil. This recipe can be used wherever the body stinks.
4) If one glass of pomegranate juice, one teaspoon of turmeric, and a little jagged sugar candy (found in the Indian grocery store) made into a powder are mixed together and taken this will help one develop immunnity to keep from attaining jaundice and also helps to remove jaundice.
5) If the skin of a pomegranate fruit is boiled in some water, and after being boiled is strained and mixed with a teaspoon of turmeric and gargled, then bad breath goes away.
6) If 21 leaves from the pomegranate tree and a teaspoon of turmeric are boiled in a cup of water until one fourth remains, and this is strained and then gargled after the liquid is body temperature, then this helps remove blisters from the mouth.
7) If the skin of pomegranate fruit is dried in the shade and made into a fine powder and one teaspoon of this mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder is daily consumed in the morning and evening with water then this helps urinating too many times be reduced to normal.
8) If a plate of cooked okra with a teaspoon of raw turmeric sprinkled over it is consumed, then this helps one become free from indigestion, gas, and ulcers inside the stomach.
9) If a half cup of raw okra juice (made by blending and straining raw okra) is mixed with a teaspoon of turmeric and drunk then this helps remove burning sensation in the throat, stomach, and urine and also helps remove impotenccy, normalizes blood sugar, helps strengthen the teeth, removes untimely hunger, protects from colon cancer, and helps the mucous membranes.
10) If one teaspoon of turmeric is mixed with a handful of oil and is massaged on the body and after two hours a body temperature or room temperature bath is taken, then this helps all bacteria from the skin to be removed, but this will make the body look a little yellowish, but beautiful. But if you do not want your body to look yellowish then one teaspoon of edible crushed camphor mixed with a handful of oil can be massaged on the body (but it must be done immediately because the camphor will evaporate) to help remove all bacteria and fungus from the skin, but the body will not look as beautiful as it would look with turmeric.
11) Those who are suffering from osteoperosis should take one whole turmeric root (readily available in Indian stores), boil it with one cup of milk, and strain it through a strainer, drink the milk, and should not re-use the root again. The progress of osteoperosis will stop and the pain will also be reduced.
12) Those who are suffering from joint pains can take a cup of hot milk mixed with a half teaspoon of sugar and a half teaspoon of turmeric mixed together and drink on an empty stomach in the morning. In due course of time, relief will be felt.
13) Those who are anemic should take an iron pill or powder mixed with a half teaspoon of turmeric with a cup of milk and drink daily in the morning. Anemia problems will be reduced.
14) Those who are suffering with a cough and mucous should take one teaspoon of juice taken from a green turmeric root and mix it with one teaspoon of honey and take it in the morning. This will surely reduce the cough and irritation from the cough.
15) Those who have problems with their gums should mix one teaspoon of salt with a teaspoon of turmeric and a teaspoon of mustard oil and rub their gums after brushing their teeth and after 10 minutes gargle with warm water. In due course the gums will become strong and painless.
16) Those who have a toothache that is not serious should take a green turmeric root and burn it in the fire until the juice within the turmeric is boiled, then take it out of the fire and smash it, making it into a paste, and put it on the tooth. This will surely bring benefit.
17) Those who are suffering with blisters in the mouth should take a glass of warm water mixed with a teaspoon of turmeric powder and gargle it three times a day. This will surely bring relief.
18) Those who have an excess of mucous and feel that their nose is filled up can take a glass of hot milk and a quarter teaspoon of turmeric mixed together. Drinking it will surely bring benefit.
19) Those who have muscle pains due to having been hit should take a glass of hot milk mixed with one teaspoon of turmeric. They will feel relief from pain and swelling.
20) If those who are suffering with sugar in their blood take a half teaspoon of turmeric powder with their meal, they obtain benefit.
Disclaimer – The statements regarding these home remedies have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this web site is designed for educational purposes and to bring some benefit. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care.
The above mentioned statements suggest only the possibility of effectiveness and therefore make no warranties about accuracy for those living in the modern world. You may use your discretion before fully relying on the above mentioned remedies. We are not responsible for any negative claim/claims about not achieving the desired results from the above provided remedies.
This is Ayurvedic scriptural advice and home cures for maintaining/obtaining good health but it is not to be mistaken as the ultimate cure for you, therefore following a licensed doctor to improve your health is obligatory.
[Sri Krsna Balaram Swamiji, KBS5139]